Food Trip Friday--Lunch Date At Italian Dining

This is how my rival-free ( read: daughters lol ) lunch date (again) with my husband ended. I really like days like this ^_^

Me and my husband had our lunch date at Italian Dining at Alios Iwaki Performing Arts Center. We came early and enjoyed the atmosphere without the crowd on a weekday. Yup, another date while my kids were at school--I'm always looking forward on days like this^_^ I invited Yochan ( hubby) there coz it's a new found italian restaurant--yours trully and some of my mama-tomo ( japanese mum friends) had our lunch there ( I didn't take photos though, nahihiya ako ) and ordered their pasta combi lunch ( your choice of pasta and a slice of pizza plus veggie salad and a drink for 850 jpy).

One of my favourite is a little something before starting the meal and that is the antipasto platter. Lively variety and is pleasing to my eyes--it was almost a meal for me! I'm also addicted into salads and their italian dressing was great. I had onion, carrot, spinach and lots of fresh lettuce. Their pasta carbonara is tasty and delicious although my husband says the sauce is too heavy for him--I have no problem with mine however. The presentation of their dessert was really nicely made, it doesn't help my waistline but would definitely go back just for dessert! The service is superb but a little pricey ( 1,600 jpy per person ) but worth the cost and would definitely go back again. ^_^


Antipasto Platter---marinated bacon, pumpkin salad, vinaigrette daikon radish and olive
Carbonara, simple yet elegant meal
Dolce--Cheesecake and Dark Chocolate Ice Cream

An entry for Food Trip Friday. Chibugan na!!\(^0^)/

No comments: