Food Trip Friday--Hina Matsuri


Hinamatsuri is a Japanese Doll Festival--March 3 is a day to celebrate for a girl' s healthy development and happiness here in Japan. The focus of the event is the annual display of Hina Dolls and it is also in the tradition to keep them right away coz there is a superstious belief that if Hina Dolls isn't taken down right after the festival, the girls might have to wait to get married. And another traditional Japanese belief is that by touching the dolls all the illness and bad lucks will be transfered to them.
Hina Matsuri is my girls day and so I made their request to celebrate the festival just like last year , this time I baked a Strawberry Short Cake, Chirashi zushi ( a sushi rice flavored with toppings ), Fried Chicken, French Fries, Jellyfish salad, and a simple miso soup ( photo not included coz they gobble the food right away if it is served already lol!)


---Chirashi zushi---
---Hina Matsuri Feasts---
---Wakaba and Haruka---
---Another homemade cake for my girls, I guess I made it perfectly! \(^0^)/
---My girls helped me with the cake decorations with my support------Frozen blueberries, I got those last summer during our picking harvest at my PIL's farm---

---Yours truly, preparing for my girls homemade cake. Thanks to my husband for coming home early!---

Hina Matsuri is a traditional custom in Japan that strengthens bond within each family. I'm honoured to be able to experience their custom and glad to share the Japanese culture to all of you.

A Food Trip entry for



For Food trippers join us here. Chibugan na!!! \(^0^)/

No comments: