Food Trip Friday--Undokai Bentou

---Inarizushi---



Wakaba had their Sport's Day at primary school last Sunday and made my very own homemade obentou to eat for lunch. It is always a tradition for me to make lunchboxes whenever we had gatherings outdoors. Wakaba had a lot of fun at the undokai and so are we! Well anyway, I'm gonna introduce you my bentou that I made for Wakaba's Sport's Day. Photo above is called the Inarizushi or the so-called the stuffed sushi or the sushi in a bean bag. My kids loves it because of the sweetness in it. Inarizushi is very time consuming if you start making it from scratch so what I did is that I bought a prepared bean bags ( inarizushi no motto) and prepared sushi rice (chirashi no motto)and all you have to do is read and follow instructions of the package.You can buy your inarizushi no motto and chirashi no motto at your fave asian supermarkets by the way. I made two varieties of inarizushi, the plain (sushi rice mixed with sesame seeds ) and Egg and Meat Soboro..





---Fried chicken, nugget, veggie stick ham wrapped, honey glazed chicken sprinkled with sesame seeds and star shaped potato---




---Futomaki or the Thick Sushi Roll---



What I did here is that I deep fried a pork cutlet( let it cool and cut them lengthwise) and prepared the sushi rice. Put a sheet of nori ( dried seaweed ) on a bamboo mat. You can also do futomaki using a wrapper if you don't have any. Spread a cup of sushi rice on top of the nori sheet and place some lettuce lenghtwise (on the rice)then the porkcutlet and spread some tonkatsu sauce or worchestire sauce. Roll up the bamboo mat pressing forward ( press it firmly) then cut the sushi roll into size bite pieces. Arrange the sushi rolls to your lunchbox. Easy, right?^_^



An entry for



For Food trippers join us here. Chibugan na!!! \(^0^)/



No comments: