Golden Week Episode---Sansai Matsuri



It is a tradition at my MIL's ramen shop to held a Sansai Matsuri ( sansai means Japanese wild vegetables and if you don't have any idea of it, you must go back here for my Food Trip Friday entry) during Golden Week ( longest holiday here in Japan ) and just like of last year we went to their place to help and not only us, my Sister and Brother-In-Law are also present. We had our tent set and displayed all sorts of fresh, wild sansai goodies from nature and was packed and ready for selling. Some are tempura-ed and given to costumers who ordered at the omice ( shop ) as service and some are for free tasting. It's a great feeling to see costumers with a smile on their faces! As usual and as expected, tiring but F-U-N!!
Sansai is a seasonal wild vegetables found at the mountainside( that's our bukid of tralala ) and that's why some city folks come over yearly to buy sansai at my MIL's omice. The Sansai Matsuri lasted for 5 days but we helped for 3 days coz we also have to treat the kids since it's a holiday. You can also read our Golden Week Episodes here. ---Kabu, Japanese turnip---

---Kabocha Manju, a Japanese steamed cake ( pumpkin dough ) with anko ( red bean paste ) filling---

---Fresh and large asparagus, from my Great Granny's backyard---

---My dear husband is packing some sansai tempura, deep fried by my Mother-In-Law---

---Our lil helper, Wakaba tried to do her part to help---

---My SIL and myself, during breaktime---

---My kids plus the cousins------Our kiddie costumers waiting for their order with SIL---



---My MIL is fooling me up coz I'm drunk already and it's still noon lol!---

---Breaktime---

---Just having so much fun!---

---How envious lol!



Have a nice day to everybody!



No comments: