Lunch with Bunny



I am traveling back in time a few weeks to my trip to Connecticut, where I was lucky enough to have lunch at the country home of one of my favorite designers- Bunny Williams.

The afternoon couldn't have been nicer. The most beautiful picnic lunch while walking around the grounds and exploring every inch from the chicken coop to the green house to famous pool pavilion.

Needless to say, I was ready to move in. Every detail filled with warmth and comfort like only Bunny can do. Not a detail was missing - from fully stocked bars set out for her guests to enjoy (Bunny loves to set out the bar so all that she has to do is fill a bucket of ice and guests can help themselves) - to so many wonderful places to find a comfortable spot to sit.

I am loving Bunny's latest book: “Bunny Williams’ Scrapbook for Living” filled with all kind of tips that would make Martha Stewart proud (you can check out Bunny on The Martha Stewart Show on November 11th). It is filled with practical advice: from keeping your pantry full to alway stocking Nature's Miracle (Bunny and I share the love of having dogs in our homes) to repurposing simple items such as sheets (doesn't that sound familiar?)

Overall, I love that Bunny is such a real person who is filled with practical advice along with being just the nicest hostess.

My lunch in Connecticut was certainly an afternoon to remember.




Make sure to check back soon to see more of my trip to Connecticut and my afternoon tea with Carolyne Roehm.

























No comments: