Print is not dead.

It has been a long week and I am so happy that Friday is finally here. I have been a busy bee installing my space for the Elle Decor showcase house. Editors in from New York and numerous photo shoots. It has been a wonderful week. The opening party was last night and a smashing success. If you are in San Francisco at all this month, make sure to check out the house. So many talented designers in the house and ideas for everyone. I have been so honored to be apart of such a great project with Elle Decor. It has honestly been a dream come true.

(Don't worry, for all of you who have been watching the process and all of my peeks of the space, I promise that there will be more photos up very soon. I can't wait to share the end results of my "teenage dream")




Now that the weekend is here, to be honest, what I am really looking forward to the most is having some ME time. Relaxing around the house. A trip to the farmers market, making lattes at home (did I mention I have a new espresso machine?), walking the dogs, going out for dinner with good friends on Saturday night and catching up on stacks of old New Yorkers, and piles of design magazines.

I know that I have mentioned before how I just love the touch and feel of a REAL magazine (no offense to you online publications- that I also adore). There is something just so wonderful about popping on the sofa and just day dreaming and getting caught up in the stories and photos. This is my plan, for sure, this weekend.

The print magazine is really in danger of going away unless we keep supporting them and purchasing them. It's really important to keep it alive. There is a place for online media, but I do believe that print is not dead. This is the motto of a very special new project that I am excited to share with you.




A brand new magazine has just launched. No, it's not online. It's the real deal. You can touch it and hold it and turn the pages. Have you heard of Anthology? It's brand new, hot off the press and here to stay.

Announcing the premiere issue of Anthology — where editors Anh- Minh Le and Meg Mateo Ilasco have just put together a labor of love to create this fantastic new independent publication. It has travel. It has design. Featuring projects in Louisiana, Los Angeles, travel tips in Park City and one of my design projects!

I am really excited to share this project, as it is a little bit different from some other things that I have done before. It really has a much more modern twist to it. What makes this story interesting, is that it is a very small living room and it shows how we worked on creating an alternative seating grouping to really make the space work. The space was rather small and a sofa just overpowered the space- so I went with a several chairs and stools to create the space. I am also excited as this is my first published article that I wrote!

(You can click on the images below to read the article)






I am beyond thrilled to spend time this weekend savoring every page. You can find the magazine in San Francisco, and select locations around the world- (including Sweden and New Zealand).

CLICK HERE for a link of where to buy. The good news is that you can also buy a subscription to support an independent magazine.
Check out the website or find them on facebook and twitter too.
What a great gift for everyone on your holiday gift list?


If you happen to be in the bay area next week- make sure to check out the launch party that they are throwing at West Elm in Emeryville.
Hope to see you at the event!



WHEN: Thursday, November 11th, 7-9pm
WHERE: West Elm, 5602 Bay Street in Emeryville
RSVP by 11/8 to www.WEanthologyevent.com or 1-877-879-8950

Join for desserts, refreshments, and savings. West Elm will be
offering 20% off all purchases made during the party, with 10% of
sales benefiting 826 Valencia. Guests will also receive a special
gift + coupon for 20% off their next WE purchase.

(Please note that once you submit your RSVP at
www.WEanthologyevent.com, a confirmation page will not appear. The
submit button will however become shaded out.)



Would you like to win a FREE subscription to Anthology? Leave a comment for me (one entry per person). To show you just how much I believe in the publication and printed media- I will buy you a subscription myself for a year. I know that you will just love it!
Tell me what it is about magazines that you love? What do you like about printed magazines the most? I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I will choose a random winner on Wednesday, November 10th. I know that you all love a good contest. Rumor has it that I have another pillow giveaway coming up very soon too!

Hope that you have a great weekend. I am going to be enjoying reading this premiere issue of Anthology. What are you going to be doing?

No comments: