Nostalgia--Our First Christmas

It was the year 2002 when we celebrated our first Christmas as married couple---I remember I used the recipe from the book my Mama sent me all the way from the Philippines for I dunno what to cook for noche buena. I cooked beef morcon ( meat roll ), pasta and fruit salad and I guess I cooked for 4 people although we're only two in our apartment lol! It was a first to know that Christmas is not a national holiday and in Japan it is essential to have a Christmas Cake on Christmas. I was surprised when Yochan came home with a sparkling wine and a whole cake in hand--I believe we ate the cake for days! Kung alam ko lang, di na ako nagluto pa ng marami lol!
Christmas here in Japan is different from western countries for most of them ain't a Christian, it is more like a commercial event and not a religious occassion and the main event is on Christmas eve and not on Christmas Day. They're not into giving cards,too.
Enjoying ourselves on Christmas eve
Me as Santa Girl lol!

Isn't it so much fun to go back and just yank them all out and just sit there and reminisce? ^_^

*Nostalgia is a weekly Thursday meme hosted by Ate Rose--please play with us by clicking the linky badge.* Photobucket

No comments: