Couple's Corner--Breakfast In Bed


"Are you kiddin' me? Breakfast in bed?! " says my husband...


I was trying to make the sweetest thing for my husband during our first year of marriage and that is making his breakfast in bed. A simple plate with heart-shaped pancakes with maple syrup, fruits on the side and a juice or his favorite black coffee perhaps. Di ko pa ginagawa but I think it's great to wake him up on his day0ff with all those sweetness I had in mind. Buti na lang napalabas sa TV ang scene na ganyan and asked him kung ano sa palagay nya--it's a taboo for him daw. Unlike with the west, bakit daw kailangan pang kumain sa kama eh meron namang mesa? Forgive my maarteng Japanese husband but he sees that eating in bed is a bad manner. I don't think it's bad naman but I guess it's the difference of CULTURE. However, he cooks breakfast ( always a pancake or french toast )to us for sometimes on his day-off --not all husbands cooks for his wife and children and I really appreciate of all the efforts and yes, he's sweet, maarte nga lang lol! I don't know for some couples living in Japan if they practice breakfast in bed but to us, it's a big NO.


For more talks at Couple' s Corner, head up to Mommy Liza' s fun memeRodliz’s Nest

No comments: