Food Trip Friday--Packing My Kids Bento

I love making bento for Wakaba and Haruka even before they started going to school--it all started from onigiri ( rice ball ) eaten as their snack. They're really a picky eater but when I started making bento for them during lunch( instead of the usual plates at home ) they tend to double their appetite. I don't make artistic bento for them but I see to it that what they're eating is what they like, healthy and easy to prepare. I usually pack lunches to my husband everyday and Haruka ( she's a kindergartener ) twice a week. Their school doesn't allow sweets for dessert ( except for fruits ), nuts and other drinks--only water or mugicha ( roasted barley tea ). I could only make bento for Wakaba ( she's in gradeschool ) for sometimes because lunches there is served at school. There's really no rule in making bento but there are some bento gadgets and tools that can make your bento more appealing. And even if they' re not the ' traditional japanese style bento ' I highly recommend packing healthy bentos---it is practical and is reasonable to the budget. It's ok to include all types of food in your lunch boxes with variety that your kids and your husband will enjoy^_^

---Tulip Garden bento---
---Rice Medley ( takikomi gohan )---
---Nori maki with potato salad and meatball bento------Hello Kitty bento------Favorite of all time, Nori maki---
An entry for Food Trip Friday. Chibugan na!!\(^0^)/


No comments: