Welcome to the Neighborhood!

The design center district in San Francisco is just about to welcome a new neighbor.

Restoration Hardware is launching its latest (and greatest) location in the former Ed Hardy antiques showroom.

Many people recall the space that Ed Hardy sold some of the greatest treasures for years to designers around the world (and how could we forget all of the parties too!)

The architecture of the building (Palladian in style) was what really drew Chairman and CEO, Gary Friedman to the space. In sitting down with him this afternoon to discuss the space, he recalled driving by the space one afternoon and noticing a For Sale sign on the building. This is how it all started just a few months ago.

I was so thrilled to walk around the new space with Gary and the rest of the PR and marketing team.
What the team has put together will knock your socks off. It is like nothing I have seen before.
Gary Friedmans new vision is filled with antiques and finds from all around the world (think Paris, London, Brussels) and so many pieces from the companies recent "new look". Overall, I think that visitors will be impressed with the exquisite visual creations. Gary explained that he thought of the space as a gallery not a store.

It's a new day for the design center in San Francisco. This is bringing a "retail" chain to the area. I can vision clients and designers finding great pieces in this new location.

I think that overall the design community has been struck with the financial crisis of the last years. This can only be a positive to bring more people to the design center and I hope that it will bring more work and sales to everyone. Change can be hard for some people and I know that in talking to people, some have not been happy for this new venture.

I think that we need to think that change can be a good thing and we need to embrace the new direction that the world is going.

Tonight launches the opening party of the new location. Sadly, I will be missing the party as I am traveling in Connecticut for a few days (but will have lots of great things to share next week from my trip). Hundreds are expected (as in 800 people on the guest list). This will be a party not to miss!

Here are a few shots from the new location and it's set-up. I wish that I had more photos to share. But the team wanted everything to be just perfect. You might notice that the exterior color has changed from it's sandy stone color to grey.

I say- Congratulations to Restoration Hardware and all of your work and creative teams putting together a beautiful space.

Welcome to the Neighborhood!









No comments: