More progress

Since you all seemed to enjoy the peek of the the wallpaper, thought that you might be interested in some of the other things progressing in the space for the Elle Decor Showhouse...

Had these custom headboards designed and made. So excited to have them moved in next week.

I was honestly having some trouble finding the RIGHT zebra fabric. I pulled sample after sample and nothing seemed right to me.

I ended up at TARGET one afternoon and found sheet sets with this great zebra print in cotton. So I snapped up two sets of king sized sheets and used the fabric from the sheets to make the headboards (I am also having the custom bed skirts made out of the sheets as well).





It's interesting: sometimes you can find what you are looking for in a different form, but you have to customize it to make it work for you. (After all, this is a teenage girls bedroom- so no need to go out and spend hundreds per yard on fabric!)

Here are a couple of shots of my window treatments ready to be installed. I really love the matelassé fabric (from Serena and Lily) and its subtle detail with the double tape trim detail (black grosgrain ribbon).

I think that the tailored valance will really frame the windows. Thank you to my wonderful drapery workroom who makes all of my pillows, roman shades, and curtains for all of my projects.






Pink Pink Pink! WOW! Here are some shots of the baseboard being painted pink (I opted for no crown molding for the space to keep slightly modern and not too fussy) and the ceiling in a very pale shade of pink.

You might be scratching your head and thinking that PINK is really not something that you associate with me. I am loving the challenge and having so much fun with this space- as you might be able to tell!






It's really exciting to see all of the pieces of the puzzle coming together.

One week left until it has to be complete! I am going back to my lists so that I don't forget anything.

No comments: