Rose Tarlow-Melrose House- Los Angeles











One of the highlights of my recent trip to Los Angeles was visiting the beautiful new location for designer Rose Tarlow. I have been a fan for so many years.

I have always loved Rose Tarlow's work and her furniture and fabric lines. It was such a treat to see everything in one space.
From the moment that I walked in the front door, what caught my attention was the fact that the space didn't seem like a showroom at all. The space felt like I had walked into a home. I know that this was what the team of Rose Tarlow was looking to do and they were so successful with this. I could see myself sitting with clients and really being enveloped by every detail from artwork, accessories, case pieces, lighting and antiques. Timeless, is a word that I would use to describe this space and the style of Rose.

The Private House is one of my favorite go to books and I am always consulting back to chapters on: color, light, fabric and furniture. One of her tips that I always remember is to arrange comfortable, upholstery paying special attention to how light affects your spaces; and use carpets as background only, never as the focus of a room.

This is one of my favorite quotes:

"There are those who spend lifetimes in houses that have nothing to do with who they really are. They may be perfectly designed, yet if they fail to reflect the personalities of the people who live in them, the very essence of intimacy is missing and this absence is disturbingly visible."
- Rose Tarlow


Make sure to visit if you are in the area!

Rose Tarlow Melrose House
8540 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90069
323.651.2202

No comments: